Consisting of perfectly poached eggs, crispy bacon, and creamy hollandaise sauce served atop a toasted English muffin, it’s easy to see why Eggs Benedict is a beloved brunch dish. Allegedly first served in the 1860s in New York City’s first public restaurant, Delmonico’s, the decadent breakfast item is now a staple of many brunch hotspots – but, many don’t realize just how simple it is to create the dish at home. Save your money and try this recipe the next time you’re craving a flavorful and filling breakfast!
- 8 pieces of bacon
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 English muffins
For the blender hollandaise:
- 10 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dash of hot sauce
- Start by frying the bacon using a large skillet on medium-low heat. When done, remove the bacon from the pan and set on a paper towel to absorb the excess fat.
- While the bacon is cooking, bring a large saucepan two-thirds-filled with water to a boil, then add the vinegar. Bring the water to a boil again, then lower the heat to a bare simmer.
- To make blender hollandaise, melt 10 Tbsp salted butter. Put egg yolks and lemon juice in the blender and blend on medium speed for 20-30 seconds, until eggs lighten in color.
- Turn blender down to lowest setting, slowly dribble in the hot melted butter, while continuing to blend. Add more salt or lemon juice to taste.
- Now, it’s time to poach the eggs. Working one at a time, crack an egg into a small bowl and slip it into simmering water. Once it begins to solidify, slip in another, until all four eggs are cooking.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pan, and let sit for 4 minutes. When it comes time to remove the eggs, gently lift out with a slotted spoon.
- While the eggs are cooking, toast your English muffins. If needed, gently remove the thoroughly cooked eggs from the poaching water and set in a bowl until the muffins are ready.
- To assemble the sandwiches, butter one side of an English muffin. Top with two slices of bacon. Put a poached egg on top of the bacon, then pour some hollandaise over.
Mix-up something scrumptious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Annabelle on Main Apartments in Duluth, Georgia and put our updated, fully equipped kitchens to good use!